– JSE Compliance Officer
– Certificate in Banking: Credit Risk Assessment ,& RPE: Equity Market
– Assessors course
– Bankseta Registered Assessor
– Masters’ Degree in Business Administration (MBA) ,& Higher National Diploma: Accountancy
– National Diploma: Accountancy
– Membership exams – South African Institute of Stockbroker (Current studies)
Barbra a seasoned banking professional with a career that spans 19 years. She worked extensively in the top banks in South Africa, having commenced her career in the financial services industry (Commercial Banking) in 1998, where she covered front office and back office functions. In 2007 Barbra moved to Investment Banking and performed functions in the settlements of Bonds, Money Market and Equities instruments, Securities Lending and Borrowing as we*II as taking part in testing for various market projects.
She undertook to widening her scope and moved into Operational Risk and Governance in the Custody and Trustee business. The role of Operational Risk Officer in the Risk and Governance space overlapped with compliance functions as it involved thorough knowledge of Regulatory requirements in terms of Rules and Directives and applicable Acts such as the Financial Markets, FIC and POPI, which had to be implemented and checked for effectiveness through risk control measures.